November 12, 2007

My latest acquisition




After driving around in an entirely too-new 2004 Saab 9-5 Arc for the last few months as my only form of motorized transportation, I knew that I needed something else. I loved the BMW 2002 I had, but they're tough to find around here - and they're always overpriced. I contemplated a Mercedes W123, but knowing that this car would be (at least for a while) my only toy, I wanted something a little more fun to drive... that led me to yet another Alfa Spider. I'm now on my third.

I present to you... my 1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce. It has just 28,000 miles on it, and is in garaged, but not pampered condition. It will need some reconditioning, but it should be fun for a while and I will likely turn it for a profit when my automotive ADD kicks in again.

Better photos to come soon. I'm currently driving it on expired Michigan plates (despite the fact that the Spider and I are in Texas) that were once registered to a different Spider. That's bound to net me a hefty ticket, so I'm a little cautious about driving outside of, say, my ZIP code.





And the most interesting discovery so far was that the VVT connector solenoid was... unplugged. This might explain the fairly weak performance of this car. No idea how long it was unplugged or how detrimental this will be to the long term performance of the motor.

No comments: