April 17, 2008

Renault 4.


Not visible from the street, this 1974 Renault 4 is sitting in Marignane, France.. in my own backyard.

I got it almost two years ago from a good family friend who kept it as his shop as parts storage. He closed his shop and gave me the car. I got it running last summer but it didn't run very well. I parked it due to a dead starter motor. It also has electrical issues and is starting to get quite rusty.

I initially had vague plans of fixing it up but with arrival of a 1969 R4, this car has sadly become an organ donor and for a while now it's been back to its old vocation, parts storage. I have loved Renault 4s for as long as I can remember and I'm very attached to this one, being my first one, and parts car or not, I don't have the heart to fully part it out and junk it so it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Taken this morning when I swapped steering wheels and heater hoses between the two cars:

Last summer:

Three years ago, before I owned it:

No comments: